Do you or a loved one need rehabilitation services? You can expect an exceptional experience when you choose Advocate Sherman West Court for you or a loved one’s skilled nursing needs.
At Advocate Sherman West Court is focused on maximizing you or your loved one’s rehabilitation experience through:
- 1:1 Therapy Sessions
- Individualized therapy programs based on each patient's unique rehabilitation needs
- Goal-driven therapy programs for each patient that are updated weekly
- Collaboration with nursing, dietary, and physiatrists to ensure a holistic view of each patient
- Open dialogue with the patient and family to meet each patient's specific needs
- Focus on staff development and continuous learning to keep staff actively engaged and up-to-date on the latest research on rehabilitation techniques
- Access to experts and specialty programs to meet each patient’s rehabilitation needs
Physical therapy is a beneficial treatment that can help to reduce pain and improve you or your loved one’s overall health and well-being. Physical therapy focuses on:
- Increasing, restoring, or maintaining range of motion, physical strength, flexibility, coordination, balance and endurance.
- Teaching skills to promote maximum function and independence within an individual’s capability
- Preventing decline in functional abilities through education, energy conservation techniques, joint protection, and use of devices to assist and promote independence
If you or a loved one is recovering from an illness, injury or elective surgery, occupational therapy is an important aspect of rehabilitation. Our therapists help you or a loved one to re-learn daily living activities such as bathing or dressing. We have developed programs to ensure optimal health and independence.
Speech therapy focuses on communication and cognitive skills. If you or a loved one’s ability to communicate has been impaired, speech therapists provide services to help you improve function. Speech therapists provide services to those whose ability to communicate has been impaired. Speech therapy services are also provided if you or a loved one suffers from swallowing disorders or difficulties due to medical conditions, including a stroke.